BIG News for builders. Just announced yesterday is the new HomeBuilder grant for owner-occupiers. Christmas has just about come early by way of the HomeBuilder $25k grant from the Federal Government.
Up to $25,000 available to assist in the construction or renovation of home residences.
- Building Contract Value between $150,000 and $750,000
- Income Caps for owner-occupiers $125,000 or $200,000 for couple (based on ‘18-’19 tax return)
- For residences only – the owners cannot be companies or trusts
- The existing property value cannot exceed $1.5 million
- Unlimited amount of $25,000 grants available pending government approval
- Contract must be between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- Contract must commence within the first 3-months (so get-to-it!).
What does this mean for builders?
- Firstly, you’ve got to act quickly. Construction must commence within the first three months of the contract.
- The contract needs to be entered between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 (the government will backdate acceptance of these applications to 4 June 2020).
- Be smart about being found – it’s going to get competitive. This offer is good value and great for the portfolio as it’s all about substantial renovations or residential constructions.
- Ask us about how you can talk to an existing client who might have pulled out of a planned project or is sitting on the fence about the go-ahead – trust us – you can turn that into your next deal with marketing or advertising!
- Think big: the scheme sets a $150,000 minimum and $750,000 maximum for the project.
So how are you going to be found?
Are you advertising right now? If not, now’s the time to set it up. You definitely don’t want to miss out on this round of funding.
We have a range of digital marketing solutions that make it easy to be found by amazing clients.
Some sell-points for your client…
- Can be but not limited to first-home buyers
- Must be residential (can’t be a company or trust)
- Other Grants and Help: Can be used in addition to other grants including Queensland’s First Home Owner Grant and stamp duty concessions, the Commonwealth’s First Home Loan Deposit Scheme and First Home Super Saver Scheme (depending on eligibility criteria).
The opportunity’s there. How are you going to make the most of it?
At YEWS, we have a surefire system for helping small businesses GROW BIG. It’s not just about Google (although we get results there, too), we have SEO, Email Campaigns, Social Media and so many other strategies that put you right in front of great new clients.
We are all about results and transparency. That’s our point of difference. Let us help you land this project so you can have a great Christmas.
Don’t hesitate to get in contact. We’re here to help.