Good news for Victoria’s COVID Restrictions, finally! Hurry Applications Have Been Running Since Friday 18 September 2020.
Good News For Victoria With Eased Restrictions and New Business Stimulus Packages Announced.
First of all, here are the things you need to know:
- Applications for the third round of the Business Survival and Adaptation Package open on Friday 18 September 2020.
- $10K, 15K and 20K Grants are available to businesses with payrolls less than $10 million
- $3 Billion In Business Stimulus Packages have been announced by the Victorian Government
- Victorian government is supporting the digital capability of small businesses in the ‘new normal’.
- For metropolitan Victorians, Step 1 Restrictions encourage social distancing (restricted socialising with 1 other person or family member for less than 2 hours) measures are in place.
- For regional Victorians, Step 3 Restrictions encourage social bubbles (up to 5 people from two households).
- If you’re reading this from outside Victoria, remember they have experienced an outbreak of COVID-19 like nowhere else in Australia so we should all be “clicking for Vic”.
With new, eased restrictions for regional Victoria on 16th September, 2020, we hope this indicates Victoria’s road to recovery. These grants focus on boosting the sectors in need by delivering the tools they need to survive the new normal: digital capabilities and opportunities to generate leads.
Like the Victorian government, we believe that digital marketing and eCommerce are the only ways businesses can future proof their operations.
Third Step restrictions apply throughout regional Victoria:
- “Social bubbles, visitors and staged return of education.”
- Weddings can have up to 10 guests and Funerals can have up to 20 mourners.
- Hotels and caravan parks, pubs and restaurants, tattoo and beauty parlours will re-open.
- Some sport is back on.
First Step restrictions apply in metropolitan Melbourne:
- “Expanded social interaction.”
- Curfew extended to 9pm-5am – leave only permitted for the below four reasons:
- “Shopping for food or other essential items
- Caregiving, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment also remains a permitted reason to leave home.
- Exercise (applies to outdoor exercise, and with only one other person)
- Permitted work”
- Note that education is to be accessed remotely for primary, secondary, TAFE and University students.
- Business packages available: $3 billion to support Victorian businesses develop resilience. The following information is adapted from the Victorian Government.
Good News For Sole Traders and SME’S
As we know all too well, SME’s are the backbone of our economy and tend to be more vulnerable to tumultuous cashflow. The Victorian government is offering support to the sound of:
- $20 million voucher program to build digital capability and resistance for sole traders and small businesses.
- Up to $100 million in Sole Trader Support Fund: Grants of up to $3,000 to over 30,000 eligible sole traders who operate from a commercial premises or location to which the sole operator is the tenant or licensee.
- $822 million to small and medium sized businesses.
The third round of the Business Support Fund will provide up to $20,000 for businesses with a payroll of up to $10 million. Grant applications open on Friday 18 September 2020.
Good News For Exporters
- $15.7 million package to help Victorian exporters get their products to market and establish new trade channels.
Good News For Local Victorian Businesses and Those Who Support Them
- $8.5 million expansion to the ‘Click for Vic’ campaign to encourage more Victorians to support local businesses.
- $87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package to support hospitality businesses prepare for COVID Normal reopening across Victoria.
As digital marketers, at YEWS digital is what we do best. From websites equipped with eCommerce to out-of-the-box and cross-channel digital marketing campaigns, our solutions help small businesses grow big.
If you would like a proposal for a digital marketing plan to assist in your application for Victoria’s third round of the Business Survival and Adaptation Package – please get in touch. Here is how we helped Jo’s business in getting approved for Qld’s grant.